Here are some things I noticed while in Prague.
1. The metro is packed in the morning. But when I emerge from the stale underground to the surface, hardly anyone is there. A flood of people jostle on the escalators that go up and up forever, but as soon as we are above ground the crowd disperses into nothing. Where do people go? Is there some rule that I don't know about? Are people not supposed to be on the streets before 9:15 am? Odd.

2. Speaking of the metro: as I was leaving Prague on my way to the bus stop which takes me back to my village, a man got on and caught my attention. For several reasons, really. One was his bare feet. Gave me the shivers. Think of all the germs and gross stuff on the floor of the subway cars and the stations and the streets! Another was his cut off jean shorts. There were so short they reminded me of what Lt. Dangle on Reno 911 wears on the weekends
(Thank you, http://costumzee.com/view/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/Reno911.jpg)
He had a neat grey mullet and a tiny backpack and wooden beads around his wrist. I am sure he is a very nice man, but he was certainly getting some looks on the metro!
3. And perhaps the oddest thing of all? I didn't get lost!
No comments:
Post a Comment