Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Things and Stuff

More of my village. I have been walking (and this morning I even went for a run, inspired by Alex and her half-marathon) so here are some things I have seen.

Here are the soccer field and the neighboring tennis courts. It is about a fifteen minute walk from the house.

The gardens around here are spectacular. This is draped over someone's fence. I want to get a picture of the most extravagant hydrangea bush I have ever seen. Incredible purples and blues and big fat blossoms.
I have heard clip-clopping outside of my window a few times and this morning I had my camera ready. A man drives his horse and cart full of hay or something down the road like we are back in the 19th century. Love it.
This is the mini-golf course. Perhaps the most somber one I've seen. No fake animals or windmills. To the right is a hockey ball court. It is like ice hockey apparently, though they wear normal shoes and play with a tennis ball.

Today was the last day of school. Students bring their teachers flowers (isn't that nice?) and they get their grades. Parents pick them up at about 8am. It is a very short school day. I went to the cukrana and found the small square packed with parents and kids. Fittingly, today was one of the rare days that actually felt like summer. It has been strangely chilly and rainy. But today was hot and sunny, though on the way to the ballet it poured and water gushed down the streets.

No comments:

Post a Comment